HUB IS A COMMUNITY OF NONPROFITS AND BUSINESSES IN OSHKOSH
Hub is a hand up, not a hand out. Actually, hub is many hands—Oshkosh area nonprofits, government agencies, businesses and volunteers working as your partners—connected to each other and working with you to make it easier for you to tackle obstacles and move to a place of long-term financial stability.
Hub is more than an information and referral network. Hub coaches help you figure out how you might like your life to be different and then help you create a plan of action to get you there. Your personal plan might focus on managing your monthly spending, going back to school, getting a better job, improving your credit history, finding affordable housing and more. With you in the driver’s seat, the hub community is your pit crew, helping you overcome barriers and working together to support you with coordinated services every step of the way.
So, HOW DOES Hub work?
- Submit a simple application, so we can connect you with a coach and resources.
- On your first call or visit, we will listen to your needs and work with you to identify the first steps to addressing those needs. If we find one of our hub partners has a community resource you need, we'll connect you to that partner right away.
- We'll connect you with a hub coach who will work with you to establish manageable goals and will be there for you when you need additional support to meet or exceed those goals.
- Once you develop goals with achievable action steps, you’ll schedule regular meetings with your hub coach, who will help hold you accountable and guide you to your next steps.
- After you reach a goal, you’re welcome to set another.
- Once you’re comfortable with your financial stability, you can stay connected with your coach, or better yet, become a coach yourself!